Looking to develop a content marketing strategy for your business?
If your business is already investing time and resources in leveraging content marketing to meet corporate goals and objectives, then having a content marketing strategy in place is critical.
Why Do You Need A Content Marketing Strategy?
Simply put, without a content marketing strategy in place, you’ll have no direction or focus for your efforts. There would be no road map that outlines your plans, with no metrics or milestones to assess or report.
…and ALL marketing should be measured.
Not only do you need a content marketing strategy, you also need to document it. Businesses with a well documented content marketing strategy:
- Are far more likely to meet content marketing goals and objectives
- Feel more secure with every aspect of content marketing
- Believe their content marketing tactics are more effective
- Are able to justify spending more of their marketing budget on content marketing
Content Marketing Strategy Overview
- Print (e.g. Newspapers, Magazines)
- Social Media Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Native Advertising
- Print (e.g. Collateral)
- Online Communities
- Digital Media Center
- Press Room
- eLearning/Online Training
- Physical and Virtual Events
- Q&A Sites (e.g. Quora)
- Review Sites (e.g. Yelp, Trip Advisor
- Media Mentions
- Online Communities (e.g. Inbound.org, GrowthHackers
- Email/Web Copy
- Press Releases
- Facebook Posts
- Blog Comments
Whether you are making a traditional mobile app or an iOS / Android game, content marketing strategy is a crucial step on the way to success. You can read learn more about planning and marketing mobile applications here.
Expand Your Content Marketing Strategy
Focusing on a narrow range of content marketing strategy channels and formats will mean your limiting your reach and audience. You have to get the mix and variety right for you business.
What are the most successful content marketing channels for your business?
Which content marketing channels do you want to expand into next?