Social media quotes are a great source of content to share with your audiences. Using an established expert’s viewpoint can also provide substance to complement or reinforce your argument.
People like to share quotes – they can be short, snappy and straight to the point.
After a quick search on Twitter, you will notice that a lot of influencers tend to share quotes regularly in their streams. It just works.
So to fuel your desires to share great social media quotes, here are 25 of the best I’ve found. Which one is your favourite?
Click here to share these social media quotes – Tweet this!
1. Myspace is blue, Facebook is blue, Instagram is blue, Tumblr is blue, & Twitter is blue Social Media is run by Crips! (by Unknown)
2. LinkedIn is for the people you know. Facebook is for the people you used to know. Twitter is for people you want to know. (by Unknown)
3. You can buy attention (advertising). You can beg for attention from the media (PR). You can bug people one at a time to get attention (sales). Or you can earn attention by creating something interesting and valuable and then publishing it online for free. (by David Meerman Scott)
4. Be careful what you say in social media, because no matter what, we live in a hypersensitive society where people are just looking for any reason to be offended and make a huge deal about nothing. (by Unknown)
6. Please Repeat: Influence is NOT Popularity! (by Brian Solis)
7. Twitter provides us with a wonderful platform to discuss/confront societal problems. We trend Justin Bieber instead. (by Lauren Leto)
8. A lot of people say that social media is making us all dumber, but I not think that. (by Unknown)
9. On Twitter we get excited if someone follows us. In real life we get really scared and run away. (by Unknown)
11. Just be nice, take genuine interest in the people you meet, and keep in touch with people you like. This will create a group of people who are invested in helping you because they know you and appreciate you. (by Guy Kawasaki)
12. Twitter is a great place to tell the world what you’re thinking before you’ve had a chance to think about it. (by Chris Pirillo)
13. The best way to engage honestly with the marketplace via Twitter is to never use the words “engage,” “honestly,” or “marketplace.” (by Jeffrey Zeldman)
14. If content is king, then conversion is queen. (by John Munsell)
16. When you’ve got 5 minutes to fill, Twitter is a great way to fill 35 minutes. (by Matt Cutts)
17. A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it is what consumers tell each other it is. (by Scott Cook)
18. In boxing, styles make fights. In blogging, styles make readership. (by Stuart Davidson)
19. What do you think Jesus would twitter, ‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone’ or ‘Has anyone seen Judas? He was here a minute ago.’ (by Chris Cornell)
21. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas; what happens on Twitter stay on Google forever! (by Jure Klepic)
22. Social media is just a buzzword until you come up with a plan. (by Unknown)
23. Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it. (by Erin Bury)
24. If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends. (by Jeff Bezos)
25. When you give everyone a voice and give people power, the system usually ends up in a really good place. (by Mark Zuckerberg)
Did I Miss Some Social Media Quotes?
If you’ve come across any social media quotes that you thought were interesting, funny or thought provoking, then please let me know in the comments!