With over 645 million members, Twitter is one of the most popular social networks out there. But are you really maximising your Twitter marketing efforts?
In fact, businesses that use Twitter generate twice as many leads than those that don’t. And 42% of companies that utilise Twitter marketing have acquired a customer through it.
So where do you start? What do you tweet? When do you tweet? There is a lot to understand before leveraging Twitter marketing to it’s full potential.
To help you get up and running with your Twitter marketing, this cheat sheet infographic by James T Noble provides an overview of the basics.
Here’s a quick recap of the main information in the Twitter marketing infographic:
Need To Know
- New Twitter users per day: 135,000
- Tweets per day: 58,000,000
- Tweets per second: 5700
- Best days to tweet: Saturday and Sunday
- Percentage of businesses on Twitter: 75%
- 50 times more likely to trigger a purchase through a recommendation from a trusted friend
- Best times to tweet: 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm.
- 200% more engagement on tweets with images
- 86% more engagement on tweets with links
- 22% more responses to question-based tweets
- 33% of Twitter accounts you follow will follow-back
- Don’t share opt-in pages in your tweets
- Don’t simply repeat your advertising slogans
- Don’t hard sell our products – people don’t share sales pitches
- Don’t just talk about yourself
To generate maximum marketing impact and supercharge your Twitter marketing knowledge, have a read of my article Top 30 Most Powerful Twitter Tips for Startups.
Are You Maximising Your Twitter Marketing Efforts?
Learning Twitter marketing best practices will provide a solid framework for building your campaigns.
Implementing the best practices into an effective and valuable ongoing strategy is, of course, an entirely different thing.
Are you getting the most out of Twitter?
Have you got a useful Twitter tip to share from your own experiences? It would be great to get your comments below!