Sometimes, it’s ‘best practice’ in business to take a few moments to sit back and get inspired by some motivational business quotes.
Business quotes that motivate are popular in social media, too. A quick search through Twitter or Facebook will lead you to business quotes shared by companies and individuals alike.
Business content plans tend to include existing and sourced content as a form of curation, or to complement original thought-leadership type pieces. This is good methodology for designing campaigns that engage with audiences – reposting or repurposing existing content.
You might also like: 40 Inspirational Online Marketing Quotes
Sometimes, the most shared or commented on content in your marketing efforts will be content that has not been created by yourself. Business quotes and motivational phrases are good nuggets of content that can be easily added to your calenders. And they’re tried and tested.
Here are my top 51 business quotes that will hopefully motivate you to get up out of your chair and get ready to take on the world!
- Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders. Sloan Wilson
- If at first you don’t succeed; you are running about average. MH Alderson
- You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can’t sit on it for long. Boris Yeltsin
- There’s no business like show business, but there are several businesses like accounting. David Letterman
- Even if you are on the right track, You’ll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers
- If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem. J. Paul Getty
- To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart. Sr. Thomas Watson
- Delegating work works, provided the one delegating works, too. Robert Half
- I don’t want yes-men around me. I want everyone to tell the truth, even if it costs them their jobs. Samuel Goldwyn
- Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try. Unknown
- Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. Karl Marx
- We generate fears while we sit. We over come them by action. Fear is natures way of warning us to get busy. Dr. Henry Link
- There’s an enormous number of managers who have retired on the job. Peter Drucker
- You don’t want another Enron? Here’s your law: If a company, can’t explain, in ONE SENTENCE….what it does….it’s illegal. Lewis Black
- Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. Coco Chanel
- First rule of leadership: everything is your fault. A Bug’s Life
- The successful man is the one who finds out what is the matter with his business before his competitors do. Roy L. Smith
- Advertising may be described as the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it. Stephen Butler Leacock
- Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties. Doug Larson
- The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. Unknown
- Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain’t the lead dog, the scenery never changes. Lewis Grizzard
- Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. Albert Einstein
- My son is now an “entrepreneur.” That’s what you’re called when you don’t have a job. Ted Turner
- The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate you away from those who are still undecided. Casey Stengel
- Please think about your legacy, because you’re writing it every day. Gary Vaynerchuck
- A budget tells us what we can’t afford, but it doesn’t keep us from buying it. William Feather
- There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them. Seth Godin
- Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t. Margaret Thatcher
- If you would like to know the value of money, try to borrow some. Benjamin Franklin
- To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult. Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
- The question, ‘Who ought to be boss?’ is like asking, ‘Who ought to be the tenor in the quartet?’ Obviously, the man who can sing tenor. Henry Ford
- Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming. Richard Branson
- Corporation: An ingenious device for obtaining profit without individual responsibility. Ambrose Bierce
- Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results. George S. Patton
- The new source of power is not money in the hands of a few, but information in the hands of many. John Naisbitt
- Nothing is illegal if a hundred businessmen decide to do it, and that’s true anywhere in the world. Andrew Young
- A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost. Unknown
- In modern business it is not the crook who is to be feared most, it is the honest man who doesn’t know what he is doing. William Wordsworth
- There is no security on the earth, there is only opportunity. General Douglas MacArthur
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. Bill Gates
- The worst part of success is to try to find someone who is happy for you. Bette Midler
- Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. Norman Schwarzkopf
More Motivational Business Quotes…
If you have come across any motivational business quotes that I have missed, then please add them to the comments section.
Business quotes are great for sharing, so please feel free to copy and paste these business quotes and reuse as you see fit.
You might also like: 25 Priceless Social Media Quotes
Which are your favourite business quotes from my list above? Are there any business quotes that you have always remebered for the right (or wrong!) reasons?