Social media branding is important in order to distinguish your accounts from the many millions of others and enable followers to instantly recognise and relate to your profile. With so many social platforms, it can be hard to remember all the dimensions and sizing of each banner or background image.
Are you searching through Google every time you want to design or upload new social media branding?
Then luckily, the complete list for social media branding has been assembled here for you.
If you want to make it easier to quickly recall all of the social media branding dimensions, then you can bookmark this article and find everything you need within one click!
Main Platforms For Social Media Branding
- Google Plus
These are widely regarded as the "big 6" platforms in social media. Each allow you to customise their interface and add your own corporate or personal branding to reflect your vision and showcase your products or services.
Zach Kitschke wrote a useful article on the "Branding Basics for Social Media" which will give you some more background information on the fundamentals of social media branding.
Here is the list of main social media branding dimensions you will need in order to create and personalise your accounts.
- Profile Picture: 180px x 180px
- Cover Image: 851px x 315px
- Tab Images: 111px x 74px
- Facebook Ads: See Infographic below
- Profile Image:
81px x 81pxNew Design Update: 400px x 400px
- Header Image:
520px x 260pxNew Design Update: 1500px x 500px
- Background Image: 2560px x 1600px (for maximum resolutions)
Google Plus Branding
- Cover Photo:
2120px x 1192pxUpdated: 480px x 270px (recent update - pointed out by @jimhaysom)
- Profile Picture: 250px x 250px
- Profile Picture: 200px x 200px
- Cover Photo: 497px x 279px
- Careers Cover Photo: 974px x 238px
- Company Page Logo: 100px x 60px
- Company Page Banner Images: 646px x 220px
- Company Page Product Images: 100px x 80px
- LinkedIn Ads: 40px x 40px
- Channel Icon: 90px x 90px
- Channel Art: 640px x 175px (mobile)
- Channel Art: 768px x 175px (tablet)
- Channel Art: 1060px x 175px (maximum width for desktop browsers)
- Channel Art: 2120px x 1192px (web TV)
YouTube channel art explained:
YouTube will scale your branding using responsive web design. YouTube recommends uploading channel art at 2560px x 1440px with a max file size of 2MB. Your channel art banner will automatically scale to anywhere between 640px x 175px (narrowest) to 1060px x 175px (widest).
- Profile Image: 165px x 165px
- Pins: 238px x adjusted height
- Boards: 238px x 284px
If you want to visually take in all of the branding dimensions of each social media, then these great graphics and infographics should be helpful.
Social Media Branding: Facebook
Social Media Branding: Facebook Ads
Social Media Branding: Twitter
Social Media Branding: Google Plus
Social Media Branding: LinkedIn
Social Media Branding: YouTube
Social Media Branding: Pinterest
If you want to learn how to increase your posts engagement using only basic design knowledge and a little creativity, have a read of my latest guest post at Smart Insights: "Improving your Social Media campaigns using Graphic Design".